The last day of our vacation, now, back to the real world. We had to a make few extra pit stops on the way back but, we made good time and arrived home safe. Thanks to Robert & Jessica for house sitting. Everything was in perfect order when we arrived.
This was an awesome experience for our family. I grew up taking road trips with my parents and, I have very fond memories of those trips. I hope the girls will one day feel the same way. And, it was great to spend so much time with my girls.
If you are taking a trip to southern California I highly recommend the CityPass. Be sure to save even more by purchasing it from Costco. Next time, I would spend more time at the beach as well as Hollywood (if you don't have young kids with you).
Random California Observations
1) Dallas/Fort Worth drivers are much worse than California drivers
2) Hardly anyone drives a truck
3) Every food establishment posts their inspection score in the front window, at least the places we ate at.
4) San Diego is a more relaxing experience than LA
5) 3 days at Disney is a lot, 2 days maybe better
6) Save money at Disney by taking in your own food
7) It's almost impossible to visit more than one S. California attraction each day
8) Trader Joe's and In-n-Out are always very accessible
9) Getting used to Pacific time was easy....
Things we need to do next time in California
1) More beach time, we will visit La Jolla beach as well as Malibu
2) More time in Hollywood
3) Skip Universal Studios
4) Skip Sea World, we go to the one in San Antonio often
5) Eat at Pizza Nova again
6) Try Tony's Jacal in Solana Beach
7) Visit Santa Anita Race Track in Arcadia
8) Stay in Sedona, Arizona, again, on the way back if we are driving
9) Did I mention more beach time?
10) We took over 800 pictures during this trip and we still feel like we should have taken more.
11) stay at least a couple of nights in the Del Mar/Solana Beach area